No More Silence.
I’ve been pretty quiet over the past month and a bit, but that doesn’t mean that nothing is going on behind the scenes. I’ve been busy (maybe a little bit too busy?) and I haven’t really put in the time to create or share any content online. When I over commit, something has to give, unfortunately.
Okay, so what’s been happening?
We’ve brought on some amazing talent to help at work, and that’s always incredibly exciting. We had Chris Sippel return to us after finishing up his final portion of school. Chris is a bit quirky (and that’s really why we love him) and started with us in the early days. Pumped to have you back, buddy! We brought on board Jason Gregory and Matthew Beamer who bring a host of skills that are truly going to help our team. Last but not least, we have Graeme Harvey to help ensure that we maintain the highest quality in our software.
Again, I’m excited to having all of the new guys on board. They’re truly going to have a huge positive impact on our team. Oh! Did I mention Graeme has a blog on testing? Check out ITestStuff.ca. It’s still young but I’m sure there will be some cool content going up there 🙂
Magnet In The News
Of course Magnet Forensics hasn’t been out of the news. Here’s a few cool articles about stuff that’s happened over the last couple of months:
- CTV News Kitchener: GO Train Reaction: Our CEO, Adam Belsher, was in the local news for commenting on how a GO Train would have an effect on the local community.
- Magnet Forensics Named to Branham300 List as One of Canada’s Top Technology Companies: Another great accolade for Magnet! We made the Branham300 list for being a top Canadian tech company. You can check out the Branham lists over here.
- Interviews – 2014 Adam Belsher, CEO, Magnet Forensics: Adam had an interview with Forensic Focus to talk about what Magnet Forensics is all about and discuss our flagship product, Internet Evidence Finder (IEF).
- Coming Soon to IEF: Recover Documents, Corporate Email, IM and OS Artifacts: We put up an announcement recently touching on some of the new exciting functionality coming to IEF. We’ve been working hard, and we’re proud of the strides we’ve made in being able to recover digital evidence.
- View from the ‘Loo: Magnet Forensics poised to tackle ‘billion-dollar market’: Adam had another interview and this time it was with Anthony Reinhart of Communitech. Adam talks about the history of Magnet, where we’re at today, and where we hope to go tomorrow.
Magnet just came back from CEIC in Las Vegas. I wasn’t able to attend, but from speaking with my colleagues, the show was a great success. It’s always awesome hearing customer feedback. Knowing that we’re making a difference is really what drives us. It’s also important for us to hear if users are finding parts of the software hard to use to so we can address it.
This weekend I have the pleasure of being able to join Magnet at Techno Security in Myrtle Beach. This will be my first conference with Magnet, so I’m pretty excited. I’m really hoping to get some of that first-hand customer interaction and hear about how people are using our software. I’m sure I’ll be able to share more once I’m back
Hopefully you’ll see a bit more from me on your radar!